The past few days after pulling the trigger on writing my campaign has been filled with a lot of brainstorming. I'm filling up my notebooks with a bunch of chicken scratch as I feverishly jot down Ideas and concepts.
To start there are some aspects that I already had in mind for the campaign, such as my central villian and the genre. For right now I will skip over the villian saving that topic for later on down the road. However, the genre of the campaign will be that of dark fantasy. Dark Fantasy has always been one of the genres that I have wanted to write, much like fantasy the genre speaks to me. Adventures like Curse of Strahd or Ravenloft were games I enjoyed playing as well as the in game atmosphere they set up. So to write adventures in that frame has me excited !
I have also started to create a few of the factions that will be filling my world. These factions are still in their early stages. So far there will be 3 main faction groups : 1 that is more heroic , 1 that works against the more heroic group, and 1 that is almost like a mercenary group. The players will be able to join any of these factions. They can even be a members of two factions that has opposing goals at the same time making for some interesting roleplay opportunities (think spy or someone who wants to work against the goals of the faction from the inside).
So I think I will wrap it up here. I have a lot more ideas that I wrote down, but they are still pretty much just that ideas. I will look forward to sharing those ideasband concepts with all of you once they start to take shape. Thank you guys for reading and thank you guys for supporting me!
No comments:
Post a Comment